Milparanga is a leadership development program, formerly known as the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Leaders Program (NATSILP).
Milparanga allows Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to engage in powerful and different conversations.
The program aims to support Indigenous Australian leaders to:
- Grow as an individual
- Develop their leadership capabilities, including governance and decision making
- Co-create robust conversations for powerful shifts across the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander landscape
- Broaden their perspectives and act together for the greater good.
WHAT AND HOW
During the program you will:
- be exposed to expert Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander practitioners who have been challenging assumptions and shifting approaches in this space for decades
- engage in robust conversations that will honour your existing skills and knowledge, as well as provoke your thoughts and assumptions
- engage with mentors/coaches/critical friends for at least a six-month period. The mentors will be part of the facilitation team that will support you through this exciting leadership program.
You will become part of network of leaders who will support each other as you continue to develop Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership.
WHAT DOES MILPARANGA INVOLVE?
Milparanga is an 11-day, two session program.
You can choose between the below groups and dates for Session 1 which will take place in a regional location.
For Session 2, both groups from Session 1 will come to together in Canberra for the final five-day session and graduation.
- Option A: regional location from 26 February – 3 March 2019.
- Option A: regional location 2-7 April 2019.
- Option A & B: Canberra from 19-23 May 2019.
- Option A: regional location from 18-23 June 2019.
- Option B: regional location from 23-28 July 2019.
- Option A & B: Canberra from 15-19 September 2019.
*Above dates are subject to change. Future program dates are yet to be confirmed, email email@example.com more information.
HOW TO BE PART OF MILPARANGA?
You can be part of Milparanga, if you:
- are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- are 21 years or older
- have a connection and interest in rural and regional Australia.
Applications are now open for Milparanga 2019 – developing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leadership.
If you would like to be part of this program, please apply now https://rural-leaders.org.au/our-programs/milparanga/
Applications close 12 November 2018.